On December 5, 2011, IPB signed MoU with Beijing Genomics Institute (BGI) to establish cooperation within the framework of academic, scientific and development collaboration in the field of molecular sciences. The MoU signing was held in the meeting room of CARDS-IPB: Center for Agricultural and Rural development Studies (PSP3) Buidling at Baranangsiang Campus, Bogor. Before the MoU signing, introductory remarks were delivered by Prof. Anas M Fauzi as Vice Rector for Research and Collaboration IPB and Dr. Ying (Abby) LIU as Regional Director, Asia Pacific Rim of BGI. Potential scientific research areas to be collaborated were presented by Prof. Iskandar Z. Siregar, Director for Research and Strategic Issue Studies IPB and Ms. CHIN Hui Ting, Dept. of Development, Asia Pacific Rim BGI. The event was attended also by core scientists IPB working on molecular sciences and discussed the following subjects: tropical fruits, primates, cassava, sago, dipterocarps, oil palm, coral reef, cows etc. (@izs).
- Article: Tree growth performance and estimation of wood quality in plantation trials for Maesopsis eminii and Shorea spp.
- Article: Adaptability of white jabon (Anthocephalus cadamba miq.) seedlings from 12 populations to drought and waterlogging
- Article: Closely related and sympatric but not all the same: genetic variation of Indo-West Pacific Rhizophora mangroves across the Malay Peninsula
- Article: Population genetics of the critically endangered species Dipterocarpus littoralis (bl.) Kurz (dipterocarpaceae) endemic on nusakambangan island, Indonesia.
- Article: An entrepreneurial, research-based university model focused on intellectual property management for economic development in emerging economies: The case of Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia