Workshop on Development of Community Forest Seed Sources (Bogor, 25 November 2011)
On 25 November 2011, a workshop aimed at strengthening community seed sources was held at the Faculty of Forestry IPB. In this occasion, a forest farmer named Pak Surahman from Desa Selaawi, Garut was invited as one of the resource persons to share his experiences and lessons learned in motivating villagers to raise the seedlings and plant Mindi (Melia spp.) which now become one of the important timber source in and around the village. The traditional knowledge in the village was investigated through Local ecological knowledge approaches (LEK) by a master student at IPB, Ms. Ridhahati Rambe. Other invited resource persons in the workshop were Prof. Hardjanto, Dr. Yulianti Bramasto and a representative from Regional Office for Forest Seed ( Java-Madura), based in Tanjungsari, Sumedang. Focus group discussion was facilitated by Dr. Didik Suharjito and the wrap-ups of discussion can be downloaded here (in Bahasa) (@izs)
- Article: Adaptability of white jabon (Anthocephalus cadamba miq.) seedlings from 12 populations to drought and waterlogging
- Article: Closely related and sympatric but not all the same: genetic variation of Indo-West Pacific Rhizophora mangroves across the Malay Peninsula
- Article: Population genetics of the critically endangered species Dipterocarpus littoralis (bl.) Kurz (dipterocarpaceae) endemic on nusakambangan island, Indonesia.
- Article: An entrepreneurial, research-based university model focused on intellectual property management for economic development in emerging economies: The case of Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia
- Book Chapter “Incorporating Social and Natural Science in the Restoration of an Indonesian Conservation Forest: A Case Study from Jambi”