The main objective of the visit was to assess the results of re-vegetation carried out by a coal mining company in 2010 located in districts Kutai Barat and Kutai Kartanegara, East Kalimantan. This province is known to have rich natural resources. This activity is routinely done by the company within the framework of environmental management which includes also management of soil and overburden (OB), erosion and sedimentation, nursery, infrastructure and facilities, monitoring and evaluation, existing SOPs etc. I was accompanied by Mr. Tedi Yunanto, M.Sc and Ms. Cecilia Margareth, B.E., environmental officers at the in the Ministry of Energy & Mineral Resources. You may visit Center for Mine Reclamation IPB for further information regarding mine reclamation in Indonesia (in Bahasa Indonesia).
- Article: Tree growth performance and estimation of wood quality in plantation trials for Maesopsis eminii and Shorea spp.
- Article: Adaptability of white jabon (Anthocephalus cadamba miq.) seedlings from 12 populations to drought and waterlogging
- Article: Closely related and sympatric but not all the same: genetic variation of Indo-West Pacific Rhizophora mangroves across the Malay Peninsula
- Article: Population genetics of the critically endangered species Dipterocarpus littoralis (bl.) Kurz (dipterocarpaceae) endemic on nusakambangan island, Indonesia.
- Article: An entrepreneurial, research-based university model focused on intellectual property management for economic development in emerging economies: The case of Bogor Agricultural University, Indonesia